Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Interview with Author Scott Meador

Author Scott Meador recently did an interview with me about his latest book The Lott Effect.

What is your writing experience? My first experience came working for my local news paper.  I was a sports writer for the Journal Record in Hamilton, AL covering high school football games.  I wrote my first book, Redemption, in 2005 and then put it on Kindle in 2010.  My second book, The Lott Effect, war published by Cross Press and is set for release on July, 3 2012.
What is your book and its genre? The Lott Effect is a Christian thriller.  Some might say that it is also science fiction due to the fact that it takes place 185 years in the future, and therefore, there are several gadgets and weapons systems that are kind of futuristic. 
What is it about?The War on Terror goes nuclear and this leads to World War III.  After the war, a one world government is established to prevent this happening again.  However, religion is blamed for starting the war and the government has therefore outlawed all religions, as well as establishing several laws which essentially leave its citizens with very few rights.
Paul Lott is an agent of the WIA (World Intelligence Agency) and leads the strike team who tracks down and eliminates any citizens who have been chosen for retirement (execution due to the fact that they are no longer contributing to the greater good).
When the last Christian on Earth, Lott’s grandfather, dies Satan moves to take over the government.  Lott is set on a journey that will reveal what the government’s real agenda is and he must decide if he will continue with the life he has chosen or if he will fight back.
Who are your favorite writers, books, and/or influences? My two favorite authors of all time are Michael Crichton and Vince Fynn.  I am also a big fan of Joel  C Rosenberg, Dale Brown, and Ralph Peters.
My favorite books are Eaters of the Dead, Starship Troopers, and Flowers for Algernon. 
When did you know you wanted to write? I have wanted to write my entire life.  I can’t remember a time when I didn’t carry a notebook with me to jot down short stories.  It was one of these short stories that lead my wife to push me to write my first book.
How long did it take you to write the first book?
Due to the fact that I still rely on my real job to pay the bills, it takes me about a year to complete a book.



Website:  scottmeador.weebly.com
 where people can buy my books:  amazon.com, lulu.com, as well as Kindle, Nook, iBooks.

 photo of me:

      




Photo of my books:


   




No comments:

Post a Comment