Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Friday, June 22, 2012

Interview with Sherri Rabinowitz: Author of Fantasy Time Inc

I recently had the pleasure to interview Sherri Rabinowitz   Here is what I found out:

-What is your writing experience?
I started to write when I was a small child, I was in class and my teacher wrote a sentence on the board. Now I was suppose to write only a couple of sentences. I ended up writing 10 pages :) I started to write short stories for fanzines when I was in college. A fanzine is magazine written for and by fans. I have been writing ever since.
-What is your book and it’s genre?
Fantasy Time Inc. It is a time travel story with romance. It would fall under the fantasy genre.
-What is it about?
It is about an agency where you can book a trip but instead of going to Hawaii you go back in time. There are three threads in the stories one follows the tour guide and then the other two follow her guests. There are two periods that we travel to in the book from the past one is the Roaring Twenties and the other is the Civil War. It takes place in the future, but Anne the owner and tour guide also goes on trip to her future.
-Who are your favorite writers, your favorite book, and who or what are your writing influences?
My favorite writers are Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, Ray Bradbury, F. Scott Fitzgerald. J. K. Rowling and Dorothy Sayers.
I don't have one favorite book I have many books I love. I am a book lover I read a lot, as well as write a lot.
I guess the books I love best would be Pride and Prejudice, Bid Time Return,The Time Machine, Harry Potter Series, The Great Gatsby, Murder on The Orient Express...there are many more, I just can't choose one.
I have many influences, books, movies, my dreams, my life and observation.
-When did you know you wanted to write?
When I was a child.
-How long did it take you to write the first book
A year.
 -What did you do to promote the book.
Anything I could. I used Facebook and word of mouth, Twitter and all the other media was not around for the first one. I had a book signing for my first book and my father told everyone he knew about it. I have since started to use all the multimedia methods for new book Fantasy Time Inc. I have several events both virtual and in person. I have used all the media I can get my little hands on. I think it is harder to promote a book then to write it.
 
 
You may find out more information about her by visiting one of the following links.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment