Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Interview with Greg Kuhn

I would like to introduce to you, Greg Kuhn.  He is the author of Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat.  He seems passionate about his work as a writer and this is what he had to say about his new book.


Would you tell the readers a little bit about yourself?

Besides being an author, I am a professional educator (since 1993). For the last fifteen years, I have written primarily with my father, Clifford Kuhn, M.D. (aka The Laugh Doctor) about humor, health, wellness, and productivity. I've also ghostwritten a number of books with my father and other self-help writers. In my spare time I love being a husband and father (of four sons), jogging, hiking, kayaking, and coaching baseball.


Which project are you currently promoting?

My new book is Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat, which teaches people how to finally lose unwanted weight by using the amazingly precise and accurate science of quantum physics.


Can you tell us what the book is about?

Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat teaches you how to use quantum physics to make any diet or exercise program you're using exponentially more effective then you were ever promised. It's a lot more fun and simpler than it might sound, if you're not familiar with quantum physics; I explain both the science and the "how-to" in everyday, "street-level" terms which makes the book enjoyable and an exciting read. The science is real and it works amazingly well at helping you finally lose your unwanted weight, no matter how many years of frustration you've been previously experiencing.

How did you come up with the title for this book?

My graphic designer and I brainstormed the title. The reason I chose "Why Quantum
Physicists..." is because it's a fun and reflective theme I can continue to use; this is the first in a series which teach people how to solve various challenges using quantum physics. The next book in the series, for example, is for teachers.

What inspired you to write this book?

My own weight gain (about 30 pounds) after the birth of my first son was deeply disappointing and confounding because I was dieting and working out constantly. I became determined to find a new way of life so I could escape the failed diet routine. During my research I was given a tip to check out quantum physics and as I began studying this amazing science I could immediately see how much promise it offered to change my life. Then, as my research and experimentation progressed, I became aware just how much others needed to know this information; if you study Marketdata and CDC statistics you'll see that Americans are currently spending over $60 billion on weight-loss yearly - all while the American obesity rate is booming! After successfully creating the paradigms I teach in Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat, all my collaborators urged me to get this book published and I agreed with their assessments.


Did you have to do any research in order to help you with the writing of this book?

I conducted years of research into quantum physics and also perfected the techniques I teach with a cadre of people who wanted to lose their unwanted weight (just as I had done). The research (and success we had) was both invigorating and exciting; I'm forty-five years old and, for the last ten years, I have been wearing the same pants size I did as a teenager. I'm anticipating further excitement as the feedback grows for this amazing book.

What made you decide to become a writer?

Writing is a form of active meditation because it allows me to be fully alive in the present moment. When we are fully present in "right now", we are free, not only from the dangerous and debilitating illusions of the past and the future, but can also be freed from our habitual patterns of cognition. Those habitual patterns of thought, quantum physicists now know, are what cause us to continually recreate the same material reality. Reality, you see, is subjective and once we learn to have some control over our habitual thought patterns, we can begin to create different things and experiences in our lives with relative ease (such as our ideal body). This is part of what I teach you to do in Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat.


What genre do you generally write?

Non-Fiction/Self-Help


How long does it usually take for you to write a book?

I take great care to have my books edited and proof-read. The process can take a year, depending on the amount of research involved.


Are there any authors you admire?

I love reading Deepak Chopra and Wayne Dyer, because they write about the mind/body connection. My writing is also "mind/body" oriented.

Have you written any other books?

Yes, my first book was a daily meditation called "Living Happily Over Laughter", which I wrote for my father, Clifford Kuhn, M.D. I have a written a few others since then, all published for my father.


What other projects are you currently working on?

I have already started the next book in my "Why Quantum Physicists..." series, tentatively titled, "Why Quantum Physicists Love to Teach"

Did you self-publish?

I am self-published, which is a family tradition.

Was the road to publication a long one for you?

As I'm sure many of your readers know, self publishing is not very difficult now because of all the print-on-demand services available. In fact, perhaps the most difficult aspect of self publishing now is simply choosing from among the many such services available!

Where can the readers find more information about you?

My blog is the easiest place to learn more about me :

http://whyquantumphysicists.wordpress.com/ They can also check my Amazon link:http://www.amazon.com/Why-Quantum-Physicists-Dont-ebook/dp/B008I3CURM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341779750&sr=8-2&keywords=why+quantum+physicists
What are you doing to promote your work or did you hire someone to help with promotion?

Promoting a book I believe in so strongly, like Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat", is fun and exciting. It's not work at all! I have been promoting it myself - after all, no one will be more passionate about it than me. I love the idea of helping frustrated people, having been unable to lose their unwanted weight, finally find solutions that really work!

Here is my Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Quantum-Physicists-Dont-ebook/dp/B008I3CURM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341779750&sr=8-2&keywords=why+quantum+physicists

No comments:

Post a Comment