Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Great Big Book Tour

1) What is the working title of your book? The book that I'm promoting is Southern Adventures and it was just released December 18th.
 
2) Where did the idea come from for your book? This is the very first book that I wrote and it is about my life growing up in the south.


3) What genre does your book fall under? My book is Young adult fiction/Christian but it can be considered a coming of age book.



Suri Cruise as Kay
4) Which actors would you choose to play in your movie rendition?




James Marsden as Ty



Pierce Brosnan as Carlton
Megan Fox as Kay





Sandra Bullock as Faye
 
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? Kay Harrison is a woman recalling her childhood growing up in the south, and she realizes that God was helping her throughout her life through the trials and the good times.

6) What other books are similiar to yours? Similiar books would be Little Women, Adventures of Tom Sawyer. 

 7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I would say about six months to a year because I would write and lay it down a while and then start writing it again.

8) What other book would you compare this story to? I would say my book is a lot like Little Women. It talks about my sisters and me.  I feel like it could be an adventure story too because it has several parts that talk about how Kay Harrison was always getting into trouble one way or another. 


9) Who or what inspired you to write the book? I started to write this book when my son left home for the Air Force and I wanted to keep my mind on something other than him leaving home.

10) What else about your book might interest the readers? I believe if you like to laugh there are parts that will make you laugh.  If you want to be shocked than there are parts that will shock you.  It is a book that will just about interest any book lover.

http://www.vickimtaylor.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment