Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Living with Passion: A Young Woman Living With Huntington's Disease Journey to Truly Live with Passion

Author Biography

I am a young women who is passionate about every thing I do in my life. I was born to be a teacher but because of my Huntington’s Disease, I had to quit my job as a teacher. I now teach the world about my disease and will forever have a teacher’s heart. I use writing to deal with what I have been dealt and it’s very therapeutic for me.






Author Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/livingwithpassion90

Reviews

Can you imagine what it would be like as a 23 year old woman being diagnosed with Huntington's Disease? The answer to that question is yes, yes you can Imagine but you will Never understand what it is like as a person to know this path your life is about to take. There is this woman I am lucky enough to call my cousin and friend who is sharing her story about her life with Huntington's Disease. Alexandra is a true inspiration to so many people and with her big heart she is taking on this disease with her head held high and a smile on her face. Although she wasn't diagnosed until a couple years ago she still lived knowing she had a 50% chance her life could change if she inherited this horrific gene from her father who fought the battle of Huntington's Disease. Everyday Alexandra worried "Do I have the gene?" She has an amazing support team with her Mother, Step Father, sisters and family and friends to walk by her side in her journey. Alexandra is a brilliant, strong, big hearted beautiful woman whose story will touch your heart and introduce you to someone who has no control of this disease but took full control of what she could, her life as it was given to her.

 

 Alexandra Boothby is publishing her memoir, Living With Passion. It is about her journey living with Huntington's Disease.She is a 24 year old woman who was diagnosed with Huntington's Disease 2 years ago. She is a beautiful, compassionate, smart woman, who is coping with this disease with a very positive attitude and grace. She is an HD advocate who is working to bring awareness for HD and hopefully for better treatment and a cure for this horrible disease. HD is in my family, her Dad was my brother, and I admire Alexandra so much. A day visiting with her always make my day better.She continues to inspire everyone everyday, and if you read her book you will also be inspired! Highly recommend this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment