Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Overcoming Adversity in the Last Days

 

 Book Description:

Satan knows your weakness; he knows exactly what to do to hit you hard.  He will knock you flat on your back; he is not one to take lightly.  It is no joking matter when it comes to fighting against Satan and his demons.  They are as real as you and I and they fight dirty.  They can invade your thoughts, dreams and interrupt your life.  I tell you this not to frighten you but to tell you to prepare.  This book will help you prepare for attacks that come against you from your adversary, Satan.

Excerpt:

Don’t ever think you are above temptation or Satan’s snare, because that is when he will work his illusion and you can become entangled.  It is when you are at your highest point or closest to God, that Satan creeps in to break that fellowship with the believer.  James 1:3,4 says, “ Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”  Zechariah 13:9 says, “And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.”
We need to keep our eyes on the Lord Jesus at all times and don’t let Satan snare you and overcome you, because he will if you allow it.  Keep seeking the Lord continually in your life especially in these last days.  Jesus is our only answer.  That is what I held to despite everything that came against me.  I knew that my only hope was in Jesus Christ.  It wasn’t works that I had done but through the grace of the Lord.  His mercy is everlasting; and he will forgive any sin that you have ever done, but you must repent from your sins.  You must believe on Jesus and ask for his forgiveness.   He is standing there with his arms outstretched, waiting for you to come back to him.  Don’t delay!
One more thing I want to say is if you notice a brother or sister in Christ being deceived, I urge you to help them in any way you can.  Be there for them and don’t talk about them, because God could be working something out in there lives.  Satan hasn’t let up trying to hurt me, but I know that my happiness is with the Lord.  No matter what Satan tries to hurl at me, the Lord will pick me up, and help me to overcome.  He said he will never leave me or forsake me.  Pray for others, especially if you have a brother or sister that needs some encouragement or doesn’t believe in the Lord Jesus.  Trust me prayer works!

The best way to resist sin is to stay away from it; stay as far away as possible from it.  If you are tempted by something, run from it.  The Bible tells us that Joseph was tempted by the Pharaoh's wife to sleep with him.  She grabbed his coat and told him to lie with her, so he ran from that sin, leaving his garment behind.  That had to be some fast running.  He didn't want to sin against his master so he fled away.  Sometimes the easiest thing to do is flee from the temptation.
When we are young, we live our life as if there is no tomorrow. We live carefree lives and don’t worry about following God’s laws as much.  You think you have all the time in the world to do as you please.  You think you will grow old and become a millionaire and have no worries.  As I have gotten older I have began to see that Sin cost something.  Things you do when you are young, come back to bite you.
Some sins affect you when you are younger.  You may start to lose things in your life that you consider valuable.  You might lose your wife because of committing adultery.  You may get drunk with alcohol and lose your job that you worked hard to get.  You may lose your truck because you committed a sin that cost a lot of money to do such as gambling and drugs.  You may begin to waste your money on riotous living and lose your most prize possessions. You may have a car wreck and lose part of your family or your own life.


Buy Link: http://amzn.to/1LMz7pR

No comments:

Post a Comment