Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Monday, April 2, 2012

They say when you become older, you revert back to a childlike state.  I work at a nursing home and see this is so true.  As a nurse, I see the innocence of some residents emerge.  Most are so sweet and kind and try to offer you food and candy.  Sometime, I feel like I am the mom and they are my children. A few will ask for their mother and father, and this breaks my heart.  Some want to go home.  I have to explain that this is now their home. They revert back to a childlike state.  It is hard not to get attached.  I love my residents and I know they love me.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything alright.  One day, I know God will wipe away all tears from our eyes.  He is the only one who can make things right.  We have to wait on him.  He has a plan and will deliver his perfect plan one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment