Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Mother's Instinct

A mother's natural instinct is to protect her child no matter what.  This includes: humans, birds, animals.  It is so easy to become overprotective that your child starts to resent you.  You have to decide when is enough.  When is it time to let go and allow your son or daughter to live their own life.  I question this for myself as for you.  My husband often told me, "your being over protective again."  Does it get easier the more children you have.  With the way the world is going, I wonder if it will ever be time to let go.  My mother is still watching over us like a hawk.  I know when a child leaves the nest, it should be time then to let go a little of the reins.  They are no longer living in your house and therefore, they should be old enough to care for themselves.  Often children move out that are not quite ready to move out.  The other day I saw a bird hovering over her nest.  She had three small blue eggs in there.  If anyone got closer to the nest, she darted down from the sky and tried to attack.  With birds though, when the baby bird leaves the nest, often the mother leaves them to fend for themselves.  I wish parenting could be so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment