Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Basic Teachings of the Bible

After talking to someone lately, I have learned that there are some people who do not have the basic knowledge of the Bible.  Believe it or not, but there are those in the world who have never heard of God.  I remember in my senior year of high school, I had a friend who asked who God was.  I couldn't believe my ears to hear someone say that they had never heard of God before.  At first I thought she was joking, but then realized that she was telling the truth.

I decided to write a few basic priniples or teaching of the Bible into this lesson.  If need arises I will add to it as I see necessary.

1. God is a supreme being and he has always existed.  Yes he has always been in existence.  It is hard to understand that, but one day we will all see God for whom he really is.

2. God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day from his work. Genesis in the bible tells us this.  He created the Heaven and the earth.  He created man and woman, animal and beast.  He created trees, grass, herbs, and seeds.  He created the sun, moon and stars.  He created fish and fowl of the air.  He created land and everything that is here upon this earth.

3. God is all powerful, all knowing, righteous, loving, but does not like sin

4. Sin entered the world by one man, which was Adam in the Garden of Eden.  Then man's hearts grew more evil from day to day.  That is when God destroyed the world by a flood saving only Noah and his family, because they stayed faithful.  Then over time, men started to sin more and more.

5. God sent his son Jesus to die for the sins of the world.  Jesus came not to destroy the world but teach others about God in hopes that they would all repent of their sins.

Any questions, you can email me and I will try to answer them.  Contact Me


I will not respond to any negative remarks.


No comments:

Post a Comment