Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Monday, November 5, 2012

Interview with Author Kikkina Rihki Destinu-Bantano

Would you tell the readers a little bit about yourself?

I am from New England (United States). I have been writing since I was a child. I began writing the ‘Angels in the City that Doesn’t Sleep’ series when I was 15 years old. When I became a senior in. After finishing school I became a sales person, which did not last long. I decided to pursuit my dream as an author.

 

Which project are you currently promoting?

‘Angels in the City that Doesn’t Sleep: First Mission, Second Wish’ the Kindle Version

Can you tell us what the book is about?

The book is about a living angel who is split between Heaven and New York. Her parents are divorced. Her father lives in Maine, and her mother lives in New York. She is sent to Heaven to a private school to learn about being an angel which brings up the past for her. Here is the synopsis!
My name is Chrysti Neopli. I am a fifteen year old New Yorker. For the most part I am like any other teenager from New York. My parents are divorced and live in two different states. My mother lives in New York and my father lives in Maine. The only difference I have that most teenagers don’t share with me is that I am an innovative living angel. I am not by the book at all. I was born as a living angel and was raised in New York City as a human until I was eleven. That’s when I found out I had blue wings and that I had powers most people could only dream of. The truth is as an opportunity comes into my life I don’t want to go to Heaven again. I had been to Heaven before and it didn’t end well. I really don’t fit in there, just like I don’t fit in with anyone in New York either. I constantly split between Heaven and New York. The only thing different this time is the opportunity seems like it was given as a sign to make me deal with the past which I have to make extremely hard decisions to save the future of my friends.

 
 

How did you come up with the title for this book?

I combined the fact my main character was a New Yorker and she was an angel.
 

What inspired you to write this book?

I was inspired to right something about someone who could change the world. I have been always drawn to angels and thought this was the perfect way to link it all together. I didn’t want a traditional story so I decided to have her unorthodox.

What can you tell us about your main characters?

She is a fifteen year old living angel. When she has to show her wings, which she doesn’t do often they are electric blue and fall just below the knees.

Did you have to do any research in order to help you with the writing of this book?

I looked up certain things, such as if there were real ‘black tigers’ and architecture, but other then that this is strictly fantasy.

 
First Mission Second Wish (Angels in the City that Doesn't Sleep)
What made you decide to become a writer?

I love to tell stories!

What genre do you generally write? Fantasy/ Fiction

 

Are you interested in writing other genres? Maybe down the road

 

Do you follow a routine when you begin to write a scene or chapter?

Yes, I have a rough sketch of the events that will happen.

How long does it usually take for you to write a book?

Timing depends on the book.

Do you have a general idea of what direction you want the plot to take ahead of time or does it come to you as you write?

I have a general idea of where it will be going.

 
Have you ever had second doubts about a story you’ve written?

Yes, and those ones get placed into a folder and I wait for a couple months to ‘Re-polish’ them.

Are there any authors you admire? John Locke

What other projects are you currently working on?

I am working on getting the second in the series polished and ready to be out by Spring.

Did you self-publish? If not, is that something you will be willing to consider in the future?

Yes, I self published and I think I will stay self-published. I love this!


What is your least favorite part about getting published?

Actually seeing it as other people do and being able to share my work with them!

What are you doing to promote your work? Blogs, Radio, Magazines, Social Media

 

Where can the readers find more information about you?


www.facebook.com/kikkina.rd.bantano

Twitter: K.Bantano

Google Plus Kikkina Bantano

Email:
kicking.rd.bantano@gmail.com

You can buy this on Amazon.com and Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Angels-City-That-Doesnt-Sleep/dp/1466238720/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352179877&sr=1-1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment