Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Writing- Instant Gratification

What brings inspiration to an author? Is it simply need for gratification or could it be much more.  To me, a writer enjoys every part of writing itself even if the work is never read.  In the Wikipedia, online encyclopedia,"Gratification is the pleasurable emotional reaction of happiness in response to a fulfillment of a desire or goal." To look at this much further, one must define what the fulfillment aspect of the desire or goal is.  What fulfills us and brings satisfaction?  Is writing itself instant gratification or is it the completed work- the book that brings it? 

I look around as I sit at my desktop writing this blog post and think about writing and what it means to me.  I really can't explain it in one simple blog post.  All I can say is writing has meant more to me over the last year than it has ever meant.  Yes, I wanted to be a writer when I was younger and wrote short stories, poetry, etc.. The desire of writing is not the fulfillment of having a completed work that others look at and buy.  If it were, I wouldn't take time to write a blog because it takes time away from writing my manuscript.  I believe this year I have learned more about the writing process and how to make the words flow much easier.     

As a young child, I was really quiet.  I didn't speak a lot in school and never had lots of friends.  It wasn't because I didn't like people or they didn't like me.  It was simply that I enjoyed my thoughts.  I would get lost in my own thoughts and it made it hard to focus on schoolwork or time needed to make new friends.  As an adult, I would say that I am a lot like I was as a child.  I am married and have two children.  That is where any extra time is spent.  I have met lots of other authors along the way and they have been more of a friend to me than people I see everyday.  I guess the concept of having something in common is what I enjoy talking to them about. 

To get back to the discussion, each writer has their own reasons for writing.  Some may look at it as a means of escape, others as a way to express themselves, or to complete a work of art.  I agree with all of these reasons but to me I see it as a gift.  A gift is usually shared with others instead of hidden in a closet.  So I want to share my gift with you and hopefully you will enjoy my writing.  To see my books or to learn more about me, visit my website at: http://Tracykauffman.com.

My latest work is Southern Attraction. A YA romance.

To read an excerpt, click here.

To order from Amazon, Click Here. 










No comments:

Post a Comment