Follow this Blog


Sign Up to Follow this Blog by Email

Monday, October 8, 2012

My Passion for Writing

     I have interviewed other authors on this blog, but haven't really talked much about myself.  I wanted to share a little about why I became an author.  When I was in elementary school, I had a very active imagination.  I thought up ideas and projects all during the day, so that my teachers would ask me to help them with planning things for special events.  I volunteered to help as much as I could.  I planned a project for the fall festival when I was in second grade.  One thing I came up with was making a scary house out of a refrigerator boxes.  Students would climb through the boxes full of streamers, scary faces and a hidden panel was made to poke the students as they passed through.  I dreamed up stories to write about, after watching science fiction movies and reading books that inspired me.  I won the title of editor in my school newspaper when I was in elementary school. 
     When I was in middle school, I joined the journalism class and wrote current events for the newspaper.  I was featured in the Decatur Daily Newspaper for a story that I sent in for a contest that I entered.  After entering high school, I started writing poetry and finally entered them in online writing contest.  So you can see that writing has always been a part of who I was.  It is my passion and I hope that I can inspire others to follow their dream as well.
     It wasn't until recently that I decided to send in my manuscript to a traditional publisher in hopes of them liking what I actually wrote.  I didn't know about self publishing and never attempted to go that route.
     When Tate Publishing contacted me and said that they wanted to publish my first book, I jumped for joy.  The thought of a Christian based publisher made it more appealing.  So they have been working extremely hard with my first manuscript, Southern Adventures.  I published Gwendolyn's Wish later, but it was released first.  Visit my website to learn more about me and my books.
My website: http://tracykauffman.yolasite.com
You can follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TracyKauffmanFictionAuthor
My Twitter page: https://twitter.com/KauffmanTracy

Here are my book covers for Gwendolyn's Wish and Southern Adventures.





No comments:

Post a Comment